- Posted on: September 15, 2007
- Those Who Had Their Say: 11
My previous post was about keeping your time profitable, and I talked about how my blog is currently not in that category. I got a few great comments that made me realize that I unintentionally put blogging under the wrong light. It wasn’t my intention to imply that blogs aren’t profitable, so let’s get into the short-term and long-term profitability of a blog.
This part of the story starts out very slowly for most. Being a new blogger is tough.This is just something that you will have to come to terms with. With small amounts of traffic and not many connections, you are going to be fighting an uphill battle.
If you are thinking that you can make a solid income from your blog within 6 months, you have fallen prey to fanciful thinking. DISCLAIMER: It has been done, but don’t bet your blog on it.
There are a lot of people that…
- Posted on: September 10, 2007
- Those Who Had Their Say: 12
I wrote a post last month that tackled the difference between static and profitable time.
In general, these static activities are going to have little-to-no benefit to you directly generating profits. You will be going nowhere in a hurry with most of these activities, so lets take a look at the good stuff. Profiting tasks may include:
When you are profitable, you are doing what you set out to do as an entrepreneur; make money. The more time you spend being profitable, you will be able to spend less time working hard, and your profits will hopefully soar. So I have to ask you, how are you spending your time?
It has been a personal goal of mine to increase my profitable time to the point that it encompasses most of my work days. Well it has come to fruition, to say the least. I have been extremely busy ever since the launch of Unique…
- Posted on: September 3, 2007
- Those Who Had Their Say: 6
I have been trying to decide as to how high I should be setting goals for this month. I was fairly successful (I say “fairly” because I don’t consider squeaking by a great achievement) last month, and it has left me aspiring for bigger numbers and achievements. Here are September’s goals:
- Write 25 Posts – Judging by my democracy poll, most of my readers appreciate frequent posting. 65% of you are posting 5+ days per week, with 42% of you posting 7+ days per week. What a revelation, huh? It’s no secret that consistent, quality posting is a pillar to successful blogging, so this leaves me with a clear goal of providing that to you.
- Improve the content of my writing – I had some relatively good posts last month, and it definitely aided in strengthening my reader base.
Writing basic “make money online” articles is a great way to get new readers to stick,…