First off, congratulations to UBD’s first year anniversary. If you haven’t entered our contest, follow that link to win some awesome prizes! We’re giving away an iPod Touch and our new Citrus Theme!
So, as the title inquires, how fast is your internet connection?
Bandwidth is everything.
If I can’t connect and move files, thoughts, money, etc. around quickly I begin to lose my marbles. Have you ever lost a cell phone and gone without it for a day or two? I have that similar feeling when my internet goes down for 30 seconds…
I strongly recommend testing your internet bandwidth for a few reasons:
- You’ll get to see if you’re getting what you’re paying for.
- If your speed is slow, you can consider upgrading to a better SD-WAN service from your provider.
- If your speed is fast, you can brag to all of your friends and colleagues.
- You can rank your connection against the rest of the world’s population.
Albeit those aren’t the best of reasons to check your speed, if you’re a nerd like me, you’ll be testing your bandwidth daily.
There are several test providers (speakeasy.net, cnet, speedtest.net, etc.) and they all do a relatively good job of metering your speed. I personally enjoy speedtest.net because of the cool flash interface. Bells and whistles are always a big factor for me when choosing products and services.
I’ll briefly explain speedtest.net to you, being as that is my recommended test provider.
- Simply go to their page, and the flash program will load.
- Next, choose the pyramid that is highlighted in yellow. This is your recommended test server.
- Sit back and monitor your bandwidth!
- Gloat to your friends and family about how fast your connection is. Alternatively, wallow in shame at how inferior your interweb connection is.
If you need fast internet for you business, visit the EATEL Business website or other providers and see your options.
That’s it, really. Now go out there and analyze that data, you nerd. ^_^